Date: June 18, 2017
Title: Life in Conflict, part III
Text: James 4:7-12
The depth of God’s grace in Christ is the answer to our pride.
- Humility and the commands of God (7-10)
Living in light of grace
- Humility and the sins of others (11-12)
Living in light of judgement
“You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.” (Galatians 5:4)
- How does pride show itself in Christians?
- Do we or don’t we keep these commands in James? In what way?
- What does it mean to be a judge of the law rather than a doer?
- How does grace and the gospel impact our daily living?